Services for Students
For general questions and support: Ask Us!
Building Hours and Locations
Library hours for the spring semester are reduced and will vary depending on the campus status level.
When the campus is in status level Yellow, Hawthorne-Longfellow Library (H-L) and the branch libraries are open to faculty, staff, and students who are participating in the COVID-19 testing protocol. A OneCard is required for building entry. Hours for all libraries are posted here.
Library hours will be modified if the campus status level is Orange or Red. Check the calendar for current hours.
When library buildings are closed, students who are resident on campus are encouraged to take advantage of the library’s Take-Out Service.
Virtual Help is always available.
- Campus map with location of the main library and branches
- Floor directory
- Collections and library branches
- Book a study room
Login to My CBBcat, where you can access your library record, view a list of what you have checked out, and renew materials.
- For questions about renewing or returning your CBB books, email Library Circulation, email@example.com.
- For questions about returning your ILL books, please contact the ILL Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to COVID-19, the Library is not able to lend print reserve books directly to students. Most course readings are available digitally, either through a class Blackboard site or through the library’s Course Reserves system.
The Library can provide scans of selected chapters of print books that are on reserve through the Bowdoin Digital Delivery service. You may request scans of no more than 3 chapters of a book, with the total number of pages governed by copyright limitations.
- Your username and password for Bowdoin Digital Delivery are the same as your Bowdoin email name and password
- Please submit a separate request for each unique chapter.
- A PDF of each item will be delivered through your Bowdoin Digital Delivery & ILL user account.
Digital Access to the Library’s Physical Collections (Books and Journals)
All students may request digital delivery of journal articles or book chapters from Bowdoin’s physical collection. All students may request scans of chapters from print books on course reserve (see Course Reserves above for information).
To place a request, use the Bowdoin Digital Delivery link on this page.
- Login with your usual Bowdoin email name and password
- Choose Journal Article or Book Chapter under New Request on the left sidebar and complete the form with as much information as you have. Don’t know the chapter title(s) and pages from the book you need? Request a table of contents first.
- Please submit a separate request for each unique article, book chapter, or table of contents.
- A PDF of each item will be delivered through your Bowdoin Digital Delivery & ILL user account. You will receive an email notification from email@example.com.
Support for Remote Access to Online Resources
If you experience difficulty accessing library resources from off-campus, please contact Carr Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org) to troubleshoot connection issues.
Research Services and Resources
Find articles, streaming music & video, primary sources, images, and more.
- Research and Course Guides
- Online Research Support
- Contact your Research Librarian
Information on citation and copyright
- Academic honesty and plagiarism
- Style and citation guides (MLA, APA, Chicago …)
- Citation management tools (Endnote, Zotero)
- Copyright guidance
CBB by Mail
Students working on honors or independent study projects who are studying remotely may be eligible to request delivery of CBB books through the mail. Contact Amy Heggie (email@example.com) for information.