Food and Beverage Policy
Enjoy Snacks, But Leave no Trace.
Library users in Hatch, H-L and the Art and Music libraries are welcome to enjoy a drink and snack anywhere in the buildings. Food and drinks are not allowed in Special Collections & Archives in H-L. We need your help to ensure that our libraries stay clean and inviting. Here's how you can help:
- Be considerate of other library users and Bowdoin housekeepers.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Please use covered mugs and cups.
- Empty liquids into bathroom sinks before disposing of cups.
- Report spills immediately at the Circulation Desk.
- Avoid messy foods that may damage library materials and facilities.
- Dispose of trash properly. Recycle when you can and place non-recyclable garbage in trash cans.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the libraries, with the exception of special events with prior permission.