As a vital academic and social nexus at Bowdoin College, the Library, along with its dedicated staff, advances the pursuit of knowledge and encourages opportunities for meaningful connection by
- actively championing and partnering in the teaching, learning, and research mission of the College;
- undertaking thoughtful development and stewardship of broad and unique collections and ensuring equitable access;
- building community through welcoming and inclusive spaces that support creative, contemplative, and collaborative pursuits and intellectual discovery;
- facilitating the effective and confident use of resources that help our community find, understand, manage, interact with, and share information from a wide variety of contexts; and
- extending conscientiousness and care to all members of our community through inclusive and exceptional programs and services.