Reserve A Study Carrel
Seniors doing honors projects and students doing independent study projects may reserve a study carrel in H-L Library, Hatch Science Library, Beckwith Music Library, or Pierce Art Library. These are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, with sign-up beginning on September 9. Other students may apply for carrels beginning October 9, if any are available.
- Reserve a carrel in H-L Library
- Reserve a carrel in Hatch Library
- For carrels in Beckwith Music Library, please contact Karen Jung
- For carrels in Pierce Art Library, please contact Erin Valentino
Students will be asked to agree to these terms and conditions before reserving a carrel.
Library materials may be left on the reserved carrel, but must be checked out first and renewed as necessary.
For further information, please contact:
- Amy Heggie at H-L Library
- Sue O'Dell at Hatch Science Library
- Karen Jung at Beckwith Music Library
- Erin Valentino for Pierce Art Library
Terms and Conditions
- Carrels are for seniors and students doing an honors project or independent study; carrel requests are evaluated by library staff prior to confirmation of your reservation. Please allow up to 24 hours for processing; you will be notified once processing is complete. Carrel assignments are not final until confirmation from Library is received.
- A carrel is assigned for the duration of a project. If a project is for Fall semester only, the carrel will be reassigned for Spring semester.
- The carrel and the adjacent area are to be kept in order. Please keep floor clear.
- Food/drink should not be left in carrel overnight.
All items on your carrel must be checked out to you. Any material not checked out will be removed, e.g., reference material and periodicals. View loan rules here.
Remember that you are responsible for all items checked out in your name and left unattended on your carrel. Please do not leave valuables unattended. If you would like your books to remain 'sensitized', to help prevent the likelihood of theft, please let circulation staff know when you check your materials out.