Fines, Lost Items, and Billing
Charges to students are not collected at the Library but are recorded at the Bursar’s Office for inclusion in billing by the College. Charges are made as follows:
- Reserve books:
- 50¢ per hour for the first six hours past due
- 25¢ for each subsequent hour the Library is open
- After the first day, the charge is at least $3.00 per day
- $1.00 per hour for overdue laptops borrowed from the Reserve Desk
- Books with one-month loan periods, DVDs & Videos, Audiobooks, Recalled Books, Periodicals & Interlibrary Loans:
- $1.00 per day
- Replacement Charges:
- Materials that are extremely overdue will be billed for replacement costs plus a $25.00 processing fee, plus any applicable overdue fines. “Overdue” can range from just a few days for a Reserve item, up to one month for a regular checked-out book.
- Charges for lost materials belonging to non-Bowdoin libraries will vary.
- Please report lost items to the Circulation Desk as soon as possible; to avoid accruing overdue fines.