Change to the E-reserves Process
The library has seen a marked decline in the use of the e-reserves service over the past several years. This, coupled with the campus-wide adoption of Canvas (97% of courses had active Canvas sites this spring), and the reality that the system's software has reached its end of life, has led us to the decision to retire the e-reserves system this summer, 2023. PDFs and links to documents, e-books, and audio and video streaming files that reside in Panopto can be posted directly to Canvas courses. This will significantly simplify access to course materials for students. Library staff, in conjunction with Paul Benham and Jennifer Snow from Academic Technology and Consulting, will work with those faculty who are currently using E-reserves to facilitate the transition to Canvas. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Jung or Amy Heggie.
To request e-reserve documents from previous semesters, submit this form by August 15, 2023 to ensure access for the Fall 2023 semester.
- The form includes a drop-down list of courses taught since AY 2017-2018 for which faculty have submitted e-reserves.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the courses for which you would like to request e-reserve files.
- Use the notes field to include the name of an academic coordinator, if appropriate.
- We will send you an email confirming your selections and provide you with a link to a folder that contains those files along with .txt files with citation information.
- Please allow five business days for the return of your e-reserves files.
If you would like to request reserve documents for courses taught before AY 2017-2019, or have general questions, please contact Amy Heggie, Circulation and User Services Manager.