The Library welcomes requests from students, faculty, and staff for materials in all formats. For database requests, please contact your research librarian.
To request an order:
- Check CBBcat to verify that Bowdoin does not already have the item. We will purchase duplicate copies of books held at Colby and/or Bates if requested.
- Fill out the Order Request Form, including the ISBN if possible.
- For DVD requests, indicate specific viewing dates and which version of a film you are requesting. Request foreign films well in advance.
- Note if the item is needed by a specific date.
- If the item is needed immediately, please contact Donna Van Dyck, Ordering Assistant, to expedite your request.
- Faculty traveling abroad who wish to purchase books and DVDs should contact their research librarian in advance.
- Items are typically available to you within 2-4 weeks
- CBBcat shows the status of the order: “On Order,” and “In Process” (item has arrived and is being cataloged). You may request expedition of an “In Process” item by contacting Donna Van Dyck, Ordering Assistant, or Mary Macul, Catalog Librarian.
- We will search for out-of-print items.
Ordering Materials for Reserve
- Fill out the Order Request Form including the ISBN if possible.
- If the Library already owns copies of the title, please mark"added copy/ies" on the Order Request Form.
- Faculty may place a personal copy of a textbook on reserve.
- More information about course reserve materials.
Questions about Reserves? Contact Amy Heggie, Circulation & User Services Manager.