Information for Students for the First Week of the Spring Semester
In conjunction with the College’s plan for the first week of the semester, the libraries’ physical spaces will remain closed to students between January 23rd and 30th. We will open fully when the campus returns to in-person classes, hopefully beginning Monday, January 31st.
Services Available to Students
Librarians are providing online research help to assist you with coursework or a research project. You can chat with a librarian or schedule a virtual appointment.
Additional useful links
Find print and ebooks, journals, special collections, and other physical and digital materials held by the Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin libraries. CBBcat Overview.
Find articles, streaming music & video, primary sources, images, and more.
- Research and Course Guides
- Contact your Research Librarian
Students may request materials from the library’s physical collections through the Library Take-Out Service. Items will be available for pick up in the vestibule of H-L Library during the library’s open hours. Ring the white doorbell to the left of the main entrance of the building (adjacent to the book drop) and a staff member will let you in to retrieve your materials. Faculty and staff will continue to pick up their materials at the Circulation Desk.
Digital Delivery of Journal Articles or Book Chapters from the Library’s Physical Collections – Including Items on Reserve
Use the Bowdoin Digital Delivery link on this page.
- Login with your usual Bowdoin email name and password
- Choose Journal Article or Book Chapter under New Request on the left sidebar and complete the form with as much information as you have. Don’t know the chapter title(s) and pages from the book you need? Request a table of contents first.
- Please submit a separate request for each unique article, book chapter, or table of contents.
- A PDF of each item will be delivered through your Bowdoin Digital Delivery & ILL user account. You will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org.