EndNote Filter Help for SciFinder Scholar
Filters allow you to import citations from a database into EndNote. The instructions below are for importing from the SciFinder Scholar database. Follow the steps below to save results and import them into EndNote:
- When viewing the the results list of a search, mark the records you wish to export.
- Click on the "Save As" button
- Save as type: tagged format (.txt)
- Save the file to a location where you will be able to find it later, e.g. the Desktop
- In EndNote, open the library into which you wish to import the references
- Choose File / Import
- Choose the text file that you saved in the previous steps
- Makes sure the Import Option is set to SciFinder (CAS). If you do not see SciFinderScholar listed as an option, choose Other Filters... and then select if from the list.
- Choose the Import button
- Your references should now be available in your EndNote library, and you should be able to review them in the ‘Imported References’ group in your library.