EndNote Filter Help for FirstSearch Databases
Filters allow you to import citations from a database into EndNote. Follow the steps below to save results and import them into an existing EndNote library:
- When viewing a results list, check the box next to the result you wish to save, and click on the Export icon
- Select Marked records from this search, Endnote, and then click on the Export button
- The EndNote program will begin, and you will be asked into which library you wish to import the references. You must use an existing EndNote library, which may reside on the local machine, a network drive, or a floppy or zip disk.
- You may be asked to choose an Import Filter. If so, select the filter that matches the name of the OCLC FirstSearch database from which you are exporting. If you do not see the name of your database listed as an option, you may need to download the filter to your machine from theLibrary Resources Compatible with EndNote page.
- Here is a table of some Import Filters names that may prove useful:
OCLC FirstSeach Database NameFilter NameAlternative Press IndexAltPressIndexArts and Humanities SearchArtsHumanitiesBiological and Agricultural IndexBioAgIndexDissertation AbstractsDissertationAbsEducation IndexEducationIndexInternet and Personal Computing AbstractsInternetPCAbs
PAIS Archives PAISArchivesPAIS InternationalPAISInternationalPapersFirstPapersFirstProceedingsFirstProceedingsWorldCatWorldCat
- Your references should now be available in your Endnote library, and you should be able to review them in the ‘Imported References’ group in your library.