EndNote Filter Help for EbscoHOST Databases
Filters allow you to import citations from a database into EndNote. Follow the steps below to save results from EBSCO databases:
- When viewing the results list of a search, select titles to export by clicking on the folder icon in the right hand column
- Click on the folder on the top right of the screen to access the folder view
- In folder view, select the titles you want to export then click Export
- To export citations directly into EndNote, Click on the "Citations in Direct Export format" option on the right and then click
- You may be prompted to select a program with which to open the file. Either RIS Default or EndNote should work fine.
- If Endnote is not already running, the program will begin, and you will be asked into which library you wish to import the references. You must use an existing EndNote library, which may reside on the local machine, a network drive, or a floppy, usb or zip disk.
- If you are prompted to select a filter, choose RefMan RIS, If you do not see the RefMan RIS filter, choose Other Filters... and then select if from the list. If it is not on the Other Filters list you may need to download the filter to your machine from the Library Resources Compatible with EndNote page.
- Your references should now be available in your Endnote library, and you should be able to review them in the ‘Imported References’ group in your library.