Remote Research Support for Teaching and Learning
Research and Instruction Support
Research Librarians continue to offer a wealth of research services remotely via email, chat, webpages, video conferencing, and phone for faculty and your students. They can provide:
- research guides and course guides, custom-created for one-stop research support for your classes
- research instruction for your classes, synchronous and asynchronous
- assistance integrating the library’s digital special collections into your course
- assistance with research questions
- citation management software support
Please be in touch with your Research Librarian directly for assistance.
Scanning Course Reserve Materials
- Faculty needing digital copies of course reserve readings should first:
- To help us keep requests organized, please use Bowdoin Digital Delivery to place your scanning request. Login and choose Book Chapter or Journal Article under New Request on the left sidebar. Your username and password are the same as your Bowdoin email name and password
- Please submit a separate request for each unique article or chapter title. A PDF of each item will be delivered through your Bowdoin Digital Delivery & ILL User Account. Please contact Guy Saldanha with any questions about Bowdoin Digital Delivery.
- If you wish to have any item placed on Course Reserve please follow the instruction here: place on course reserve.
- Please indicate when you will need the item by adjusting the “Not Wanted After” date field. This will help us to prioritize requests.
Digitizing Film & Music
- Faculty needing digital copies of film or music should first:
- Digitizing Films
Library closings in Maine and around the country have impacted delivery services and as a result all borrowing services for physical items have been suspended. This includes delivery among Maine Libraries, including CBB, and all Interlibrary Loan items. We are continuing to provide delivery of items that can be provided digitally, including journal articles from other institutions and digitization of Bowdoin-held materials.
All due dates are being extended and fines will be forgiven. Please ignore any automated email message you may receive.
Bowdoin Digital Delivery
To request digital delivery from Bowdoin’s physical collection, please use the Bowdoin Digital Delivery link on this page: https://library.bowdoin.edu/services/interlibrary-loan-and-document-delivery.shtml
- Your username and password are the same as your Bowdoin email name and password
- Please submit a separate request for each unique article or chapter title.
- A PDF of each item will be delivered through your Bowdoin Digital Delivery & ILL user account.
- If you wish to have any item placed on course reserve, please save it to your desktop and submit using https://ereserves.bowdoin.edu/inbox/s20/pdf/.
As you are redesigning and transitioning your courses to an online environment, keep in mind the wealth of streaming video and music, ebooks, ejournals, newspapers, and other e-resource options that available for instruction and for remotely supporting your students’ research.All of these e-resources are found on the Databases page. Choose “Database Subjects” and/or “Database Types” (streaming, newspapers, etc.) to focus in on resources of interest. Links to ejournal holdings are found on the Journals page.