Library Take-Out Service
To provide access to Bowdoin Library collections during the COVID-19 crisis, when library buildings are closed to the campus, Library staff will retrieve print books from H-L and the branch libraries and make them available for pick up. Faculty, students, and staff may take advantage of this service. Here’s how:
- Identify an item held by Bowdoin or Bates item in CBBCat and use the CBB Request link to place the request.
- You will be notified via email that your requested items are available.
- Materials may be picked up in the H-L vestibule Monday-Friday, 12-5 pm and by appointment.
- Ring the white doorbell to the left of the main entry, and a staff member will come to let you in.
- Requests placed by 10am will be available at 12pm the same day.
- Faculty: you may use your OneCard to get access to the H-L lobby Monday-Friday, 12-5pm.
- Students: if you are not living on campus this summer, you are permitted to come to H-L to pick up and drop off items.
Staff will be wearing gloves when preparing items for pick up. We urge users to handle these materials with discretion.Contact Erin Valentino, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.