COVID-19: Library Support and Services
- Beginning Thursday, March 19th, H-L and all branch libraries will be closed to campus access. Staff will be available for assistance remotely.
Visit the libraries Virtual Reference Assistance to connect with a librarian.
Faculty and staff who need books or other physical materials from the library may use our Library Take-Out Service.
Public Access to the Library
As a precaution against COVID-19, Hawthorne-Longfellow Library, including Special Collections & Archives, and the branch libraries—Art, Music, and the Hatch Science Library—will be closed to visitors beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Be assured that we will be re-open our doors as soon as possible.
Special Collections & Archives
Special Collections & Archives invites the Bowdoin community to document their experiences during the global pandemic. Learn more here.
Special Collections & Archives’ reading room is closed, but archivists are available to assist with teaching, digitization, and research needs. Contact us email. For details about these remote services, see our notice for researchers.
Bowdoin Digital Delivery (from the Library's physical collection)
- Your username and password are the same as your Bowdoin email name and password
- Please submit a separate request for each unique article or chapter title.
- A PDF of each item will be delivered through your Bowdoin Digital Delivery & ILL user account.
- If you wish to have any item placed on course reserve, please save it to your desktop and submit using https://ereserves.bowdoin.edu/inbox/s20/pdf/
Publishers' Complimentary Content During the Covid Pandemic
Many publishers and content providers have generously opened up or expanded access to their content through May. Here we highlight several of them.
Interlibrary Loan and CBB Requests
CBB, MaineCat and Interlibrary Loan
Borrowing of physical items through CBB, MaineCat and Interlibrary Loan is suspended until further notice. All items currently on hold for students must be picked up by 5 p.m., Wednesday, March 18th.
Items currently on hold for faculty and staff will be available for pick up in the H-L vestibule Monday-Friday, 12-2pm; other hours may be possible by appointment.
If you are unable to pick up your items, please consider submitting requests for book chapters by using your Interlibrary Loan login.