EndNote Filter Help for BioMed Central Databases
Filters allow you to import citations from a database into EndNote. Follow the steps below to save results and import them into an existing EndNote library:
- Enter your search in the Quick Search box and click Go.
- On the next page, check the results that you want to import to end note and select "Send selected item to End Note" from the drop down menu.
- In EndNote, open the library into which you wish to import the references.
- Choose File/Import.
- Choose the text file that you saved in the previous steps
- You may be asked to choose an Import Filter. If so, select the filter that matches the name of the BioMed Central database from which you are exporting. If you do not see the name of your database listed as an option, you may need to download the filter to your machine from theLibrary Resources Compatible with EndNote page.
- Your references should now be available in your Endnote library, and you should be able to review them in the ‘Imported References’ group in your library.