EndNote Filter Help for ScienceDirect
Filters allow you to import citations from a database into EndNote. Follow the steps below to save results and import them into EndNote:
- When viewing the results of a search, check the box the left of each record you wish to cite
- Click Export citations
- Make sure RIS format is selected as your export format and click Export.
- Open the file you have just downloaded to import your citation into EndNote.
- If EndNote is not already running, the program will begin, and you will be asked into which library you wish to import the references. You must use an existing EndNote library, which may reside on the local machine, a network drive, or a floppy, usb or zip disk.
- Your references should now be available in your EndNote library, where you should be able to review them in the ‘Imported References’ group in your library.