Tip #1: Advanced Searching
In the new CBBcat catalog, would you like to search for a music recording that features a particular instrument? Or perhaps a video with a specific cast member? Or an audiobook by your favorite author?
Try the Advanced Search feature, located to the right of the basic search box. It allows for keyword searching within specific fields such as instrument, contributor/cast, title, author, language, etc. Advanced search options will change according to the selected “scope” in the banner (scores, video, music…).
Tip #2: Printing, Exporting, and E-Mailing Results
Wondering how to print, export, or e-mail records in the Library’s new CBBcat catalog?
- Use the “Print” option on the search toolbar. It will reproduce the entire middle section of the page, or,
- Select items (checkbox) from a list of records. A drop-down at the top of the page will appear with the option to print, or,
- With a single catalog record on the screen (i.e., not a list of records), use the Share widget on the right-hand side of the screen; it is located under the “Related Resources” heading.
- Currently, records may be exported only in Endnote format. Select items (checkbox) from a list of records. A drop-down at the top of the page will appear with the option to Export to EndNote.
E-Mailing or posting to social networking sites such as Facebook or Delicious
- With a single catalog record on the screen (i.e., not a list of records), use the Share widget located on the right-hand side of the screen under the “Related Resources” heading; a link to the record will be e-mailed or posted.