New CBBcat is Here!
The new CBBcat is now available for your use. We hope you will enjoy these new and improved features:
- Combined holdings of the CBB libraries with the option to pre-limit searches to a single library’s holdings;
- Both keyword and indexed field searching (e.g. author, title, subject heading, etc.);
- CBB loan requesting from within the catalog;
- Fewer duplicate records and more clearly labeled links to electronic resources available to the Bowdoin community;
- Pre-search limiting to: video or audio resources in all formats; ebooks; Special Collections materials; and online resources only.
- Limit search to items currently available for your use, both print and electronic;
- Extended loan periods for faculty and students borrowing from Colby and Bates;
- My List, an easy way to create customized lists of CBBcat records you can share with others.
In the coming weeks we will enhance CBBcat, adding new functionality and implementing some of the features previously available in our catalogs that we know are important to you. These include:
- Links to Hathi Trust and Google Books online resources;
- Improved location information for physical items;
- CBB new books list;
- Pre-search limiting to Bowdoin’s branch libraries;
- Batch CBB requesting from your saved titles lists
Thank you for your patience as we complete this transition to the new catalog. We look forward to hearing your comments. Please direct questions and report problems to Judy Montgomery, email@example.com, x3749.