New Materials: Frequently Asked Questions
- How often can I receive notifications?
- Notifications are generated once a week, early Monday morning.
- Are the lists of items in the email notification clickable (linked to the library catalog)?
- Not yet, but we hope that future updates to the library system software will incorporate this option.
- Can I save a call number search?
- While you can search by call number, be aware that broad call number searches, e.g. "PQ", return more than 32,000 results, and will thus be truncated by the system. Call number searches should be as narrow as possible.
- Can I get a list of items added to a specific location each week, e.g. the music library?
- Not at this time. However, you may consult the New Materials web page, which includes frequently updated lists of new materials in various locations. Alternatively you may use a Word search and limit it to location and/or collection. See the Advanced Word Search page for a listing of all available limits.
- Can I get a list of new videorecordings?
- Yes. Save a subject search for "Videocorecording".
- Can I get a list of new audiobooks?
- Yes. Save a subject search for "Audiobooks".
- Can I choose how the list is sorted?
- No, the software does not allow us to configure that option. At this time, your emailed search results will be one long list, arranged by groups of individual searches. Within each group, entries are listed alphabetically by author.
- I did not receive a notification of new materials this monday morning.
- This means that no new materials matching your search were found. You will receive mail again when materials matching your search are cataloged by the library.
- My question isn't on this list!
- If you have other questions regarding this service, contact Karl Fattig, email@example.com, x3027.