3.5 linear feet.
Catalog Number: 1.10
Agency History /
In the early 1940s, plans were begun by the Governing Boards to hold a fund raising campaign in celebration of the 150th anniversary of the college's charter. World War II postponed plans for the campaign until 1947. After the war the Boards decided to inaugurate the Sesquicentennial Fund in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the 1802 opening of the college. Major General Wallace C. Philoon (Bowdoin, 1905) chaired the Sesquicentennial Fund Committee for the first two years. He was succeeded by Charles A. Cary (Bowdoin, 1910) who chaired the committee until 1952.
Scope and Content:
Contains the records of the Sesquicentennial Fund of Bowdoin College.
Cite as: Sesquicentennial Fund of Bowdoin College. George J. Mitchell Department of Special Collections & Archives. Bowdoin College Library.
Access Restrictions: Some material restricted. Consult finding aid for specific information.