2.0 linear feet.
Catalog Number: 1.4
- IPEDS Completions Survey, 1980- 3 folders.
- IPEDS Institutional Characteristics Survey, 1987- 1 folder.
- IPEDS Finance Survey, 1978-
- IPEDS Salaries, Tenure, and Fringe Benefits of Full-Time Instructional Faculty Survey, 1990- 1 folder.
- IPEDS Academic Libraries Survey, 1990- 1 folder.
- IPEDS Fall Enrollment Survey, 1980-1992 2 folders.
- IPEDS Fall Staff Survey, 1993 1 folder.
- IPEDS Residence of First-time Students, 1979-1988 1 folder.
- IPEDS Total Institutional Activity, 1986, 1988 1 folder.
- Bowdoin College Fact Books and Common Data Sets, 1994- 0.50 linear feet.
- Internal Reports, 1992- 0.25 linear feet.
Agency History /
The Office of Institutional Research was established in 1992. In January 1995, Christine Brooks was appointed Director of Records and Research, overseeing both Institutional Research and Student Records. The office consolidates the self-study and comparative study functions previously performed by many other departments of the college.
Scope and Content:
Reports, surveys and publications produced by Institutional Research include statistical information on Bowdoin and its relationship to other colleges of its type in the United States as well as internal analyses done with information supplied by college departments. Also included are copies of reports on a number of topics submitted to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Service (IPEDS). Copies of all reports, publications and surveys are put on reserve in the library for one year after release. Records contained in this collection that were created prior to 1992 were created by staff in various college departments. These functions are now carried out by Institutional Research.
Cite as: Office of Institutional Research: reports surveys and publications. George J. Mitchell Department of Special Collections & Archives. Bowdoin College Library.
Access Restrictions: Some material restricted, consult series descriptions for specific information.