387.25 linear feet.
- Alumni Biographical Files, 1806- ,
292.0 linear feet
- Diplomas, 1806-1946, 2.5 linear feet
- Student Journals, Letters and Scrapbooks, 1818-1943, 30.50 linear feet
- Donor Relations publications, 1991- , 0.25 linear feet
- Planned Giving publications, 2000- , 0.25 linear feet
- Former faculty/staff records, 7 linear feet
- Honorary Degree Recipients, 1806- , 6.0 linear feet
- Deceased Prospect Files, 1857- , 24.0 linear feet
Agency History /
The Office of Development Services was established within the Office of Development and College Relations in the fall of 1992. It is responsible for handling name, address, and other changes to the computerized alumni file system (BARS), capital gift entry and departmental personnel and budget coordination. Members of the Office of Development Services report to the Vice President for Development and College Relations. See Office of Development and College Relations and Office of Alumni Relationsfor additional alumni and development information.
Scope and Content:
Records concerning alumni and scrapbooks created by alumni from 1806. Alumni files primarily consist of biographical records and obituaries for students in classes through 1934. Scrapbooks contain photos, records, and memorabilia collected and compiled by alumni. Material regarding prospective donors who are deceased is also included.
General Note: Biographical information for former faculty and staff can also be found in:Former faculty and staff: records
Cite as: Office of Development Services: Records, George J. Mitchell Department of Special Collections & Archives, Bowdoin College Library.
Access Restrictions: None.